With all these projects running around all over the place I do feel inclined to give you, dear readers, a little update from time to time; an easy digest from whence you can decide what to explore and what to ignore. So here’s a little update on what’s going on and where it’s all happening.
• As you may, or may not, have noticed, I have actually been blogging here a fair amount. After months of throwing you scraps – many apologies – I seem to have found my drive and although fiction writing is still alluding me, I have written (amongst several topics) about how I got a rather vicious bruise on my temple, what exactly it is that I like so much about Brutalism, and the negative effect I feel hysteria has on the society in which we live. As if that wasn’t enough, I have also been taking part in Sinful Sunday from time to time.
• After a break of a few months the (It Girl. Rag Doll) Podcast is back and in full swing. We talked at length about the porn-apocalypse and offered some advice to sex bloggers whose sites are in danger of disappearing; and last week we enjoyed a long discussion on the topic of oral sex. And coming up soon, we have a conversation with the woman behind Eroticon and Write Sex Right, Ruby Kiddell. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and follow us on twitter @IGRDPodcast.
• There are now three episodes of Bad Porn Club to be enjoyed, the latest of which features squids, yonis and Deep Throat. We’ve taken a couple of weeks’ hiatus while Gryph has been moving house, but we’ll be back in the next few days! For updates and to stay tuned, subscribe on iTunes, listen on SoundCloud, follow us @BadPornClub and ‘like’ us on Facebook, Bad Porn Club.
• My Life on the Swingset blog, The Novice Non-Monogamist, is still going strong. Lately I have discussed coming out as non-monogamous, and the idea that some people might be innately monogamous or non-monogamous, as well as pondering my own reaction to conflict in my relationships.
• One sad note; after careful consideration, a couple of weeks ago I decided to let @TheReadingPress go dark so I could focus on other projects. Perhaps it’ll be back some day, but for now I need the extra time for other things. In the meantime you can always go and visit Sex Bytes for your reading material.
• I was delighted to hear that JP Rakehorn has been painting (above) and drawing (right) me again. His work is really quite something; if you would like to follow what he’s up to you can ‘like’ his Facebook page, JP Rakehorn Artist, or you can visit his website, Rub, Sweat, and Smear.
• Speaking of visual art, I have started a deviantArt page for my photography, so if you are on the site and would like to follow me there, please feel free.
• Lately I have neglected to promote my published fiction, but For a Few Dollars More is still available from Ether Books, and Strummed is available in several incarnations, so please do get yourself a copy of each.
Until next time, you can subscribe to this blog by email (see right-hand side-bar), contact me on harper (at) itgirlragdoll dot com, ‘like’ my Facebook page Harper Eliot’s It Girl. Rag Doll, or follow me on twitter @HarperEliot.